Why won't my Red Plum coupons print?
Many times when a user is experiencing problems printing coupons using the Red Plum coupon printer, it is due to one of the following reasons - please check that:
- You are using a Red Plum supported operating system and browser:
- Windows 7, 8/8.1, XP or Vista with Internet Explorer 9–11, Firefox 27 and higher, or Chrome 33 and higher.
- For security reasons, XP users will need to use Chrome or Firefox; Vista users, please upgrade to IE9, or use Chrome or Firefox.
- Mac OSX10.7 and higher.
- You have Microsoft's .NET 4.0 Framework or higher installed. Please note that:
- Windows 8 comes with .NET Framework 4.5 already installed (the upgrade from the .NET 4.0 Framework)
- You can have more than one version of .NET Framework on your PC at the same time.
- In general, you shouldn’t uninstall any version of .NET Framework, because it might cause apps that require that version not to work.
- Additional information on the .NET Framework on Windows 8 can be found here.
- You are not installing from a corporate or public environment that requires administrative rights - please see your system administrator if this is the case
- You have recently updated your printer’s driver software
- You are not experiencing interference from your anti-virus software
If you've checked these and the software still isn’t working, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall to reset the software.
First, make sure you clear your browser's cache and cookies and then restart your browser. Make sure you do this with the browser you intend on using for printing coupons. Here are the clearing instructions for Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari:
- Internet Explorer: Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete button
- Chrome: History > Clear browsing data button
- Mozilla Firefox: History > Clear recent history
- Safari: History > Clear History
**It is important that you CLOSE and RESTART your browser after clearing cache and cookies.
Next, you’ll want to uninstall the Print@Home software. Here are instructions to do this based on what type of computer user you are -
- Windows users: Control Panel > Programs > Add or Remove Programs OR Uninstall Programs (depending on OS) > select P@H-Protocol by Valassis > click Uninstall
- Mac users: Find Print@Home.app in your Applications folder and drag it to the Trash
Lastly, simply re-install the coupon printing software by selecting your user type below, you will be brought to the Red Plum website with detailed installation instructions:
Was this answer helpful?